Alterations SpecialistMassachusetts - Canton 04/23/2019 Apply Now Apply Later
GENERAL SUMMARY: This position will be trained to prepare measure and finish the hem on pants for customer orders. You will also be cross-trained to support general distribution functions in both Retail and Catalog Distribution. Associates will be moved between the two departments as needed. #FitForYou
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Using computer access order information for hemming instructions.
- Accurately mark pants for the correct length.
- Using various sewing machines hem, cuff and press pants to specified length.
- Support the distribution area and all activities to include sweeping, induction, line loading and shipping.
- Identify all merchandise for picking, ticketing, tagging, and receiving.
- Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that will meet department productivity standards.
- Meet department standards for quality and unit per hour expectations.
- Pull and prepare product for shipping, ensuring that the exact number and proper product is ready for shipping.
- Update and communicate with the Retail, Catalog, and Management Staff on any issues.
- Maintain production area in regards to safety regulations, organization, and cleanliness.
- Special duties or projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 1- 2 years experience as a seamstress required
- Basic computer knowledge is helpful, with ability to learn new computer systems quickly.
- Basic knowledge of PKMS systems and its usage in the Distribution Center is helpful.
- Must be able to use a Radio Frequency (RF) Scanner Gun to process product for shipping
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow through on issues.
- Good communication/comprehension skills -- both written and verbal.
- Math Skills -- ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule -- hours may change daily based on department assignment.
- Ability to work overtime as needed is required.
Don't miss a great opportunity. Sign up for job alerts and stay updated.